Are you Ready to Make New Mistakes?
Are you Ready to Make New Mistakes?
There are many reasons not to trust people who say they have never been wrong. Every leader who dares to grow, innovate, defy conventional wisdom, or make a positive impact makes mistakes and experiences failure. To err, after all, is human. We all make mistakes.
Good leaders, though, make new mistakes.
They learn and avoid repeating the errors they have made — especially the expensive ones. Your new mistakes, though, can be expensive. Some are catastrophic.
Leaders in a competitive market who rely solely on personal experience are particularly vulnerable to business-ending new mistakes.
They only learn in the school of hard-knocks where the tuition is really expensive. Sometimes those hard-knocks are knockouts.
How do the most successful leaders avoid these problems?
They learn from their own experiences and those of others. The very best leaders make truly new mistakes. They avoid the mistakes that they have made themselves AND they avoid the mistakes that others have made.
Reading is the fast track to learning from others.
How do you know which books and articles to read?
That’s exactly why we’ve created this reading list. It contains some of the best books and articles on Leadership, Culture, and Strategy, so you can avoid wasting time on nonsense.
We have also organized the list by theme, so you can focus on the issues most important to you. For instance,
Our Leadership Themes include:
- Lead Well: Trustworthiness, Respect, and Stewardship
- Practice Empathy: Your Short-Cut to Gaining Cooperation
- Take Responsibility: How to promote innovation
- Connect the Why: Gain commitment through Common Purpose
Check out our Culture Themes:
- Forge Balanced Teams: How to Strengthen Diversity and Inclusion
- Align Values and Practice: What Happens in the Halls Trumps What’s Written on the Walls
- Build Resilience: How to Bounce Back Higher
- Stop Toxic Subordinates: The Altar of Short-term Results is the Fast Track to Failure
- Position High Impact Leaders: Put your Top Talent in a State of Flow
How are these for Strategy Themes:
- Strategy governs Plans: How to Make Sure the Dog Wags the Tail
- Manage Silos: How to Avoid Letting Success Fall through the Cracks
- Embrace Complexity and Uncertainty: How to Create and Seize Opportunity in Chaos
- Courage: Developing the Strength and Wisdom to Decide
- Learn and Adapt: How to Make New Mistakes
So, are you happy to repeat your errors and those of others…
Or, are you ready to make truly new mistakes?
Get the Reading List HERE
If you already have our Reading List, check out these webinars:
- Authenticity: Lead as the Best Version of Yourself
- Get Great Results the Right Way: Trustworthiness, Respect, and Stewardship
Wait? These webinars say they are for Cyber Security Leaders.
That’s true, but the same concepts work for anyone who leads human beings.
Ready to make truly new mistakes? Get the Reading List HERE
When you are ready, here are four great ways to work together
Speaking: Do you want a professional keynote speaker to talk with your team on leadership, culture, and strategy? I’ve talked to business, NFL, academic, government, nonprofit, and military audiences. I always tailor the presentation to you, so the message inspires action for you and your team. I’m a professional member of the National Speakers Association, which means I have a proven track record of professionalism and performance.
Training: If you want an even higher impact for your team, training and workshops are a great way to go. I teach teams and organizations on a range of Leadership, Culture, and Strategy themes, to include: how to elevate your team’s performance, how to build a culture of excellence, how to slash employee burnout and turnover, how to develop a winning strategy and how to prevent expensive mistakes. Programs for you range from half-day primers to three-day intensives, to include offsite at places like Normandy and Gettysburg.
Self-Directed Courses: Do you want your team to stay engaged on these key themes but do not want to send them away to an executive education course? We have a suite of online programs that are perfect for you. The courses are excellent ways to follow-up a training event to keep your team learning at your own pace.
Consulting: Do you want to improve your leadership development programs, build a culture of excellence, and create a winning strategy? Unlike the big, gucci, consulting firms that are slow, bureaucratic, and stick you with junior MBAs, I work personally with you and your team, so you get results quickly and cost-effectively with no hassle.
What results can you expect? Check out these video testimonials.
Reach out to me anytime you are curious about working together.