Outrage is bad for your emotional well-being.
It’s like snacking on anger all day long.
It’s bad for your business, too, because it sucks your time and depletes your energy.
Sadly, playing on outrage [if it’s outrageous, it’s contagious] is a television and social media business model.
You are the victim.
I’m a firm believer in a healthy sense of outrage.
You don’t cross certain lines with me – bigotry, disrespect, and predatory behavior are among them, as you know.
I’ll let someone know they’ve crossed the line, and I move on.
I’ve got people to serve and an impact to make.
Unfortunately, TV and social media want to absorb your time.
They hook you with that steady drip of addictive outrage. You lose track of time.
Some of my clients spent over ten hours per week on social media and cable news during the workday.
They didn’t realize it until they tallied the time during one of our mastery program sessions.
Imagine what you could do if you took even 50 percent of that time back and applied it to your priorities.
You’d start regaining control of your time and energy.
You would be more productive, less angry, and better able to grow your business.
Here are three action steps to regain control of your time:
1. Tally your social media and TV time for the past couple of weeks. Find out how much time you are investing in outrage.
2. Devote 3-to-5 minutes a couple of times per day to social media and TV. Get your fix and get out.
3. Pay yourself first. Set aside chunks of time each week to work on your priorities. Schedule everything else outside those time.
BOOM! Take these three steps, and you will be on your way to regaining control of your life.
If you want more action steps to regain control of your time, let’s set-up a call to talk. You will:
1. Clarify your priorities so that you know ways to make the best use of your time and energy.
2. Uncover the hidden time and energy bandits that are robbing your bandwidth and emotional well-being (yes, you lose emotional intelligence when you spend time raging) so that you can put yourself back in the driver’s seat.
3. Get clear action steps using the pay yourself first principle so that you regain control of your time, talent, and energy — and your balance.
The call is free for 7 people each month. I only ask that you make a small donation to your favorite cause.
You don’t need to tell me the cause or the amount, just that you donated.
You will feel great that you supported your cause :0)